Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part II: Return Of The Ankh



With New Amerykah Part II, Erykah Badu has pieced together a beautiful piece of work!

The style of this CD is a bit different than that of New Amerykah Part I. This one is a lot more vibey and laid back. it's more soulful and true to her spirit.
New Amerykah Part I featured a selection of odd joints with upbeat tempos, hyper and distorted vocals, the gamut!
I enjoyed this release, Window Seat is one of my favorite joints!

There are 11 tracks on New Amerykah PART II. It seems she was making more of a Statement with this one, returning to the direction we heard first on Baduizm. Wonder if Jay Electronica has influenced this work?

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RELEASE FROM BADU!
There is a well crafted song order filled with soulful grooves, highly reflective.

I give this work an A-... It could have had a tad bit more Action! but it is what it is and she did her thing!

PEACE after the WAR!










0 comments:

Post a Comment