Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lupe Fiasco - Enemy Of The State REVIEW





I am very pleased to bring you this review, Lupe is from my hometown!
Food & Liquor was a hometown classic but The Cool topped it and every once in a while he drops a handful of mixtapes and even hosts mixtapes, this time tho, he has gone BEAST MODE!!

Enemy of The State features 12 tracks (the last one is a weird HP computer skit that he added a few words to) There is no original production, but hey, isn't that what a Mixtape is about? showing off your skills on other artists tracks.

Yoga Flame, over the Lil Wayne FireMan joint is by far THE SICKEST joint on this entire tape!
Lupe has stepped his game up like twelve notches and dishes out a fury of lyrical slaughter making Lil Wayne's version look like utter shit. It's as if Fiasco was trying to say "Hey, I own this beat now!" and he does!

Another Gem is the Drake Say Something, produced by Timbo. He faulters a bit at first but unleashes sick wordplay that makes you see Lupe in a new light.

I had the privilege of meeting Lupe a few years ago in Chicago, IL and he is as his songs are, thus certifying him as a REAL artist.

There is no skateboarding on this Tape, but his vocals are doing double Kick Flips left and right with precision. After hearing this tape, I can only imagine how Lasers is going to be! I am proud to say I came from the same place as this cat.

Pick up this Mix Tape and DO NOT SLEEP on Lupe.

CONCLUSION:
I don't know what more I can say about it, I am very satisfied by his Lyrical Performance on this entire joint. Enemy Of The State is a mainstay in my playlists and a must for bumping when riding around Chicago, I think I scared a few white folks with the loudness of Yoga Flame on many occasions.

GRADE:
Lyrics = A (he faultered about on a couple of joints but quickly upped the pace)
Production A (I enjoy most of the artists whose beats lent to the style of this Tape, if there were a few more stronger beats I think it wouldve been EVEN BETTER)
Replayability Level = 9.5
Overall = A

GO OUT AND BUY THIS NOW!!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment